Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Small Training Update...No Couch Potato

My training has gotten back on track....well maybe not a fast track, but slowly I have been ramping up the volume and consistency. I am so happy to be training again!

I have been very consistent over the last several weeks. I am getting my run back to a decent length and duration without feeling like crap. Bike has been ok. Still no long rides, but that will come. My swim has been.....well.....lacking. However, I am training a little EVERYDAY!

It helps that I have met a few good training partners and friends. It's been good to be challenged and have something to look forward to each day. I have enjoyed the sunrises and even a few sunsets on the occasional long run. I have also been hitting some trails and that has been great!

Still no races planned for this year (may pop into a sprint or something small key). A few good friends of mine are asking that I enter a 70.3 next year in St. Croix. I am really considering it, and still thinking about what I plan for next year. Perhaps an Ironman, perhaps the Ultraman, perhaps I could become a couch potato or Mr. Potato.

Short update, but heck....my mind is back, my body is feeling good, and I am loving the training!

Today was 1 hour and 45min run. Well, more of a shuffle, walk, run.

Later

No comments: