Friday, July 24, 2009

Natchez Trace - Bike Ride

Well, I had the opportunity to ride the Natchez Trace during a business trip to Nashville. Well, part of it! Natchez Trace is a 444 mile national parkway that runs from Mississippi to Tennessee! No commercial vehicles are allowed, and quite honestly, there were very few cars. Roads were smooth and fast. Folks are spoiled in Nashville. I would love to take this road to Ohio!

I had some appointments during the day so, I knew I was going to be pushing it to get a ride in, but everything worked out...as it always does. The days forecast was rain, rain, and more rain, however those that know me, know that I love crazy weather. In fact, that probably motivated me more than pure sunshine...Anyways. it was pouring when I started the ride, but the rain faded about an hour into the ride. Once the rain stopped, the fog, mist set in and it was a great evening!

Solo ride.....but it was very peaceful and enjoyable nonetheless. My yoga!

Overall, it was about 2.5 hours of rolling hills. Tried to take it easy, but ended up pushing on a few sections.

Pics below. If your in Nashville, I highly recommend this ride. I am thinking some day, I might as well ride the whole darn thing over a Holiday weekend and camp along the way! Anyone up for that?

In route

Loveless Cafe / Motel - Trail begins

Ready to ride

Someone has too much dough!

The Route!

Yours truly!

Almost hit this little guy!
Wild turkey's and deer everywhere! I was slow on the trigger to photo the deer.

No comments: